The S-Anon Board of Trustees (BOT) is the legal entity responsible for stewardship of S-Anon’s funds and administration of services. The BOT is made up of representatives from every region, or area, of the United States. The purpose and functions of the BOT are as follows:
- Serves as guardian of S-Anon’s Twelve Traditions, Twelve Concepts of Service, and the Conference Charter.
- Provides guidance in matters of policy.
- Serves as custodian and guarantor of good management of the World Service Office (WSO).
- Appoints Trustees-at-Large.
- Monitors and supports the accomplishment of the strategic goals of BOT committees.
- Approves the annual budget and maintains a prudent reserve.
- Ensures documentation of official proceedings of its committees, which are maintained in the Official Corporate Record Book at the WSO.
The business of the Board of Trustees is conducted by means of conference calls, the minutes of which are available from the WSO.
View the Bylaws (PDF: 86KB), a document that outlines the responsibilities of the Board of Trustees and its committees.