Service positions are available at every service level, including the group or local level, and the regional, national or international level. We invite you to familiarize yourself with the S-Anon/S-Ateen Service Structure and consider becoming actively involved in carrying the S-Anon message to others.
The following service opportunities are currently available at the national level; if you are able to volunteer in any of these capacities, please contact the S-Anon World Service Office at email@example.com for more information. You may then be referred to a volunteer who can talk with you at greater length about service work in S-Anon, and who will strive to respond within one week.
World Service Office
- Long Distance Sponsor and Phone Support: If you have experience, strength, and hope to offer others as a result of working the S-Anon program, consider serving as phone support for people who need someone to talk to, or serving as a long distance sponsor. Learn more.
- S-Anon Speakers’ Pool: The WSO serves as the clearinghouse of information about S-Anon speakers for event organizers who request it. If you have experience, strength, and hope to offer others as a result of working the S-Anon program, consider registering for the S-Anon Speakers’ Pool which gives organizers of local and regional S-Anon events easier access to a broad selection of speakers who are willing to speak at retreats, marathons and other events. Learn more.
- Copyright Attorney or Paralegal: The World Service Office is looking for supplemental support from a Copyright Attorney or Paralegal who is a member of the S-Anon program. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in providing service in this capacity.
S-Anon Board of Trustees
Email email@example.com if you are interested in serving in any of the open positions on the Board of Trustees:
- Board of Trustees Co-Chair: The Co-Chair serves on the Board of Trustees and the Executive Committee. Learn more.
- Archives Committee Chair: The Archives Committee is looking for a person to serve as chair. Learn more.
- Northeast Regional Trustee (serves CT, DE, DC, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV): Regional representation to the Board of Trustees consists of one Trustee from each region. Learn more.
- Northwest Regional Trustee (serves AK, ID, MT, OR, WA, WY): Regional representation to the Board of Trustees consists of one Trustee from each region. Learn More.
- Western Canada Regional Trustee (serves Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan, Yukon Territory): Regional representation to the Board of Trustees consists of one Trustee from each region. Learn More.
- West Regional Trustee (serves CA, HI, NV): Regional representation to the Board of Trustees consists of one Trustees from each region. Learn More.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in serving in any open Area Delegate positions:
- Open Area Delegate Positions: Alabama, Alaska, Connecticut, Arkansas, Delaware, Hawaii, Iowa, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Eastern Canada, Central Canada, Western Canada. Learn more.