As you review the final 2018 Profit & Loss Statement and January 1, 2019 Balance sheet, I wanted to highlight a few noteworthy items:
– We use the Cash Basis accounting method which means the 2018 final Profit & Loss statement includes some income and expenses from our first ever WSO S-Anon Standalone International Convention held in January 2019.
– An incredible donation of $10,000.00 was received from the July 2018 St. Louis International Convention (an additional $2,000.00 was received in January 2019). They did a wonderful job not only on the convention from an attendee experience standpoint, but an outstanding job on the fiscal aspect of the convention. THANK YOU, St. Louis S-Anon Convention Committee!
– During the later portion of 2018, we started the upgrading of our e-commerce store as well as the S-Anon website which is why the Telecommunications Expense is exceptionally higher than previous years.
Here are a few projects from 2019 that have had significant impact on our financials to date:
– S-Anon recorded International Convention speakers from the January 2019 convention and the recordings are available for purchase on the S-Anon literature store under Audio Resources. These recordings include over 2 hours of stories from 7 S-Anon speakers and can be purchased for $20.00.
– In June, we launched our new website and e-commerce store. We paid the final installment for this upgrade and have already seen a profitable rate-of-return on our investment! We’re hoping the last three months are indicative of what’s to come for the future of our literature sales.
– We reprinted Exploring the Wonders of Recovery in a spiral bound version and it’s currently available for $15.00 plus shipping and handling.
2020: Looking Ahead
Through the collaborative efforts of the World Service Office, Finance Committee, and the Board of Trustees, we are currently in the process of preparing and adopting the 2020 Budget. A lot of hard work goes into creating a budget and we are very proud of all members of the Finance Committee and Board of Trustees that understand the significance of being entrusted with S-Anon’s financial security and well-being.
At our next International Convention, we are planning on recording not only the speakers, but one of the breakout rooms as well so be on the lookout for these recordings to be available on www.sanon.org by February 2020!
Thank you for all your support by making 7th tradition donations, purchasing items from our literature store, attending conventions and being a member of S-Anon!
– Dawnielle A., Board of Trustees Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. The Finance Committee is currently made up of 4 members and we are looking for more! Do you have a background in finances or a skill set that would contribute to the work of the Finance Committee?
Please send me an email if you are interested in finding out more about serving on the Finance Committee: email@example.com