Every six months (January and July) S-Anon holds a three-day convention, traditionally in conjunction with Sexaholics Anonymous. The location is different for each gathering, and S-Anon members from the United States, Canada and all over the world attend to share their experience, strength, and hope. These conventions are a wonderful opportunity to experience the strength and unity of S-Anon as an International Fellowship. Conventions are open only to those affected by sexaholism.
During conventions, a special effort is made to help newcomers (those who have been in the program less than three months) feel welcome. There are always newcomers at conventions. Some may be attending their first S-Anon meetings the weekend of the convention. Special meetings and one-on-one sessions with temporary sponsors are available to ask questions. Other types of meetings held during the convention usually include:
- S-Anon breakout meetings focusing on various topics (open only to those affected by sexaholism).
- S-Anon couples meetings. These are special S-Anon meetings, with a focus on the committed relationship.
- Couples panels consisting of two or three couples who share their experience, strength and hope on a planned topic.
- Joint SA/S-Anon sessions where both an experienced S-Anon member and an experienced SA member share their recovery with the group.
- S-Ateen meetings, available to teenagers who are a friend or relative of a sexaholic.
- S-Anon International Convention Business Meeting. The Business Meeting allows S-Anon members from all over the world to learn more about S-Anon beyond the group level. All members of S-Anon are welcome at the Business Meeting and are encouraged to attend, no matter how long they have been in the program.